Monday, January 17, 2011

The Black Bull - Old Langho

 Here's a pub that was completely off my radar until I noticed a pub symbol on the ordnance survey map I'd had made that was centred on my postcode. Not only was there a pub in the Ribble Valley that I wasn't aware of, it was in walking distance!

Obviously I had to check the place out and duly put on my walking boots and set off towards the Black Bull. It's located in "Old Langho", not to be confused with "Langho", which is a few miles up the road. It's actually closer to Brockhall Village.

What I found was an old country inn situated on its own along a quiet road a short walk from the Ribble. I only stopped for a couple of pints, so can't comment on the food quality, but it semed tobe pretty good value for the area.  What I did enjoy was sitting at the bar and having a chat about the pub with the staff, who were very friendly and welcoming. It turned out that the bulk of the customers came from the aforementioned Brockhall Village (A gated community where Blackburn Rovers training ground is located).  I could easily have stayed the afternoon if it wasn't for the thought of the long walk back.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home